Tuesday, March 10, 2015

BACKSPLASH TILE!!!!

While looking for other tiles, I found this tile board on the wall that I'd never noticed before.  It's almost the color that I like, but never looked at penny tiles with admiration because I thought they would be too small next to my granite.  Because these penny tiles are actually "quarter" size tiles, I was drawn to them.
Not to mention I LOVE circles, spheres, etc.

They are handmade and have a crackle finish and very yummy.
Here they are in a darker setting.

The weird thing is that nobody likes these circles as much as I do.  My daughter and hair stylist like them, but my designer friend and a few others aren't jumping on board.

Here are the final choices:
  • Left bottom:  glossy gray tile with a slight wave in the tile so it's not institutional looking. Best price out of the three.
  • On top of gray tile: handmade tile that is a really good color (it's more gray than the penny tile color).
  • Penny tile board
The process.....
I decided not to go with the penny tiles because of these reasons:
  1. they are even more expensive than the expensive hand made tiles I chose previous to these
    NOTE:  2 days after posting this I got the price, so sit down.....
    $116./sq ft.  INSANE!
  2. if only 1/4 of the people that saw them loved them like I did, then they are not good for resale.
  3. I'm not sure that the circles actually look good with the granite...I just love circles so I can't see past them.
The penny tiles are OUT!

So, now I'm down to two tiles...the gray and the beige/gray handmade tile.
I like the gray tile because it's finally the right shade of gray and it's the best price out of the choices, but the gray still feels like it extends my appliances. Even though it's a lighter color gray, just feels institutional in my kitchen.  Not sure why, but I need some warmth and that's what the handmade beige/gray tiles give me.
The gray is OUT.
I'm waiting on just a couple more samples from the tile store (they are hand-making the tile for me to see) so after I get that tile, I'm going to choose between the colors of handmade tile.
There....I made a decision.

Can you believe this process?????
It's insane and thankfully, almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment