Saturday, May 23, 2015

Yard break.....

Actually done 4/11/15 but just blogging now.

Even though painting is the next project IN the house, it's spring and the grass needs some attention.
We need to:
-thatch (removing all extra grass smothering the soil)
-aerate (removing plugs of soil to allow for better drainage) and
-reseed over the old grass.

I raked a little of the dead grass when it was sunny in March and it was WAY too hard to do our entire yard that way, so off to Home Depot we went to rent a gas-powered thatcher.

Walking slow is the key. Rick had an appointment to go to, so he walked kind of fast and honestly, there was hardly anything pulling up. After he left, I restarted the machine and walked slower.
It worked way better and then I had to rake before the rain started...like in 1 hour.
Yard work in the Pacific Northwest is a race with the clouds.

Front yard
Side front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment