Sunday, June 14, 2015

MASH!!!!

So our cabinet installer has been waiting forever for me to get the rest of the cabinet pulls (remember the MASH with the last pulls I ordered that were blemished?) 
Well, they finally came in so he came back to install the pulls on my tilt-out for the pull, which by the way, is the stupidest drawer idea ever.  He is also installing a new under-the-cooktop drawer for stir spoons, etc. and has to install a pull there as well.

So, after he finished the drawer and drilled the holes in the new drawer he just built for me and also the til-out, I noticed the holes in the tilt-out drawer (under the sink) were off-center.  We checked out the under-the-cooktop drawer he just built and the holes were off-center there too. 
He looked at his gadget and realized he set the gadget wrong.
tilt-out drawer

Under cooktop drawer
He was so bummed and embarrassed. Now he has to order 2 more drawer fronts (his expense) and come back yet again to re-install the drawer fronts and re-drill the holes.

I just want the drawers to match.  I have a hand-painted platinum glaze on these white cabinets and I don't want them hand-glazed darker than the ones currently there. Whenever you hand-paint something AFTER the fact, they can be different.  

Thankfully, he said he might comp me the new drawer he built for me due to this inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment