Rick went with me to Pratt & Larsen for moral support in case the tiles were a mess again.
The salesfloor manager had the tiles out of the box and on the table when we arrived.
Here they are in the box ready for me to figure out which tiles I want where before the tile setter comes.
She said they made 4 batches of tiles and picked out all the tiles in each batch that fell into the closer color variation. Because they made 4 different batches, the crackling is very different...some with alot and some with hardly any, but the color range is definitely more what I was thinking.
Of course I didn't totally trust her based on last time so I randomly started taking different tiles out of the boxes to make sure they just didn't put the ones that matched on the table. They were OK. Whew!
It was a pleasant experience this time and because they said they went above and beyond by making 4 batches, I got side-tracked and didn't ask for financial compensation for the 2 extra trips I had to make, workdays lost, and the fact I lost my spot with the tile setter.
I had to ruminate on my oversight for a short time when we got back into the car because they should have offered, but I'm over it now.
I immediately called the tile setter and he's very backed up so he doesn't even have a day he can tell me I'll be fit in. He said one of his employees could do it, but I want the owner to install because as we all know, I CAN'T get anymore tiles so if these get screwed up....I'm sunk.
I'll wait my turn and hopefully it won't be longer than a month.



No comments:
Post a Comment