We are supposed to have a light week the week preceding the race, so today was the last day to ride hard.
R planned to ride the 23 mile HILLY circle on the course one time because he has to train for two other events and didn't want to push it, but I went around the 23 mile HILLY course two times.
I have to say, I felt pretty darned good about my time. I did 46 miles in 3 1/2 hours and it was the hilliest part of the course, so for me that was good. The last 10 miles shouldn't be as hard as the hills, so I think I will actually leave the runner on our team enough time to run. I was VERY happy....exhausted, but happy!!!
What I learned today is that it's very hard to be huffing and puffing, open a Cliff bar while riding, eat the cliff bar while riding and then try not to drop my paper on the ground after eating it. I also learned I'm just going to have to eat with my mouth open during the race because not only is your nose running throughout the race, but I'm breathing so hard, that if I shut my mouth to chew I'd suffocate.
These types of races are not good for exercising good manners. Not only do I have to chew with my mouth open,

but occasionally I have to actually spit.
I can't believe it....I hate spitting and
I'm REALLY not good at it.
I love that old rule that nobody should spit in front of women and children and here I am the woman spitting.
Kinda gross I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment